Sunday, May 12, 2013

My morning :)

This morning as the sun was shining I walked to church.  I actually speed walked as I wanted to be there before the other teacher :)  

After the start of church which included wonderful songs to sing and communion.  I took the together time with the children in our church.  I have never done this before (always turned it down when I was asked if I wanted too).  As it has been school holidays I asked the children how and what they did.  Half the children told me one family recounted  in their school holidays with gory details of finding a dead pukeko.  We had a prayer time.  Told the children that we have raised enough $$ for 4 bibles (for some chn in Sth Africa).  We took the offering.  

Then organise the older class (the 9 to 12 year olds) to go back into church with some work on clipboards (which I prepped yesterday) to do quietly in church (as their teacher (and mother of 2 - its mothers day here in NZ today) has just had an op).  Her hubby thought the children and he might be at church today.  However they brought their mum home from the hospital instead.  Two of the girls came back half way through the teaching time to say they had finished.  I explained the situation to them and told them to go and quietly sit with their mother.  One girl looked unhappy about the idea and I told her the classes would get back to normal soon.  Reminding them we would have a guest speaker next week and that their teacher would have to get better.  

Then I directed the middle class with their teacher into the new room they will be using. We have just had to split the Sunday school into 3 classes (our church is growing ).  I was so THANKFUL that the classes have been split as of the younger ones we had 11 altogether today.  

 
Finally I taught my class the 3, 4 and 5 year olds.  This is my full time class from now on :)  :)  :)    The other classes have 2 teachers so they can have weeks on and off.  I feel confident that I can cope with being the teacher of these little ones all the time.  I do have a reliever if I feel I need it or am sick.  My class was great except that I had to work as they were doing their lesson (lots of crafts) preparing resources for another child.  I had 6 however I had only catered for 5.  It was ok though :)  


After the teaching time I tidied my room.  Gathered the clipboards back together the older children had used.  Locked the main Sunday School room.  Then it was time for a well deserved coffee :)    

1 comment:

  1. Phew!!! Well done Jen, that's a very busy morning, and sounds like you did great x enjoy a restful avo now :-)

    ReplyDelete