Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wednesday - July school hols

Today Daniel and I ended up walking 6.7 kms.  We hadnt planned to.  

To start with however I delivered a parcel for work.  Then we went to Daniels school for  a play because he wanted too.  







love the colour

the view



superman is on the slide

 






he hadnt done this before :)  





cheeky - hed managed to get me on the top of the adventure playground which I found a bit high
then proceeded to laugh at me when he blocked my way of getting down

and my hips are a tad too wide for the slide 

Then it was time for my daily walk.  I suggested we walk around Ahuriri Estuary Walk.  
We also ended up walking along an extension as well - I think it is the far part of  Westshore Wildlife Reserve.  I LOVE the fact that even though I have lived here for about 9 years I still find places I didnt know anything about.  




 
pretending to be blind and using a cane














Daniel found it amazing to be walking under the expressway




one of the extensions only I knew this one existed



what he saw looking through the bird wall

and this

and this



he loves reading signs






he liked being able to walk on the old bridge road
this was the original bridge before the expressway was built 







this is where Daniel wanted to go which probably almost doubled our distance walked today
I dint know you could walk aver here but was up for an adventure









the black dots are birds 





follow the leader

Id love to go back here for a picnic in the Summer time :) and I know a short cut now

 





interesting where the fence line is on this photo





in the distance we could see the airport



Daniel this looked like a dinosaur







back almost where we would have come out if we hadnt taken the diversion 

where wed been

where our start point was



Daniels transporter machine he really wanted it to zap him back to the start.  Hed had enough
wasnt long to go 






A big well done to Daniel :)  High 5!!  He found it a bit longer than hed thought and found the end a challenge to get back to the car. He still had energy to play on the adventure playground and play ball with some other people there though :)  



  


No comments:

Post a Comment