So whats been going on
Well Ive been taking part in Chantelles photo challenge again this month. I have noticed that some people dont play by what I consider the rules.
The rules for this challenge as I see them are that:-
I take the photo on the day it is - I do play catch up if I have to but try to put myself back on that date to make it fit
I make it real to where I am in my life - Capturing Life As It Happens :)
Day 1 - Happiness is . . .
its winter here and I have a part time job. So happiness to me today is that its a beautiful warmish day - so much easier working when conditions are like this I even had time to admire the beautiful flowers growing either wild or in peoples gardens
Day 2 - shoes
these shoes are made for walking and thats just what theyll do (Nancy Sinatra song)
Ive walked 650 kms this year so far
last year I walked 1070.4 kms total
today these guys came and installed a heat pump we wont be COLD anymore
Day 4 red, white and blue
Saw this New Zealand flag when I was out walking (4.3 kms) today
Day 5 - Love
Day 6 - fave smell
I lavender one day Id like to walk in a lavender farm
Day 7 where you are
I was here most of the afternoon with the Sunday school children, teachers and parents. I am a Sunday School teacher of the 3 - 5 year olds. We had a picnic here And today as I took the picture of where I was yesterday (doing a catch up, forgot to look at the prompt in the morning) there was a 4.9 km earthquake. I was in my car as it occurred. I actually thought the wind was simply knocking my car around a bit. It had been windy yesterday but as I found out not that windy!! Im pleased thats what I thought it was though. As Earthquakes tend to make me very anxious.
Day 8 - path
I LOVE the rotary pathways that are around Napier New Zealand http://www.napier.govt.nz/
this is just part of one of them
took a walk along here yesterday took photo today while I was in the area
Day 9 - 3 things I saw on my walk (2.5 km up Bluff Hill, Napier, New Zealand) this morning
Old Napier Prison, an old apple computer letterbox and the old water tower
http://en.wikipedia.org/
http://www.napier.govt.nz/
Day 10 - Smooth
the feeling from brushing my hair
I have always liked my hair being brushed, played with or stroked
my mother use to stroke my sister and my hair as we fell asleep as very young girls
I have never forgotten it
it is a very soothing feeling
Day 11- I wore this
although it stormed last night and this morning, this afternoon was fine so I was able to wear my sunnies again
Day 12 - a bad habit
I feel it is a bad habit to encourage wildlife to drink wine
saw this this on my walk this morning
Day 13 - 4 O'Clock
spent a good deal of this very wet Saturday researching and planning the 3rd Term for Kea Scouts of which Im a leader. We are going to do the caring kea badge this term so I had to research the different parts of it. Here I was looking at how to grow vegetable plants (mainly which grow most easily and dont take too long) and how to grow a plant from a seed saved from a flower or fruit or seedpod. Challenging as I have a black thumb and I want to do it in an interesting way
Day 14 - edible
Ive had toothache all weekend Ive had trouble with my teeth for the last few months. I have a real phobia of going to the dentist I havent been for the last 26 years. Gonna have to take action tomorrow morning though. I like my breakfast cereal however the pain has meant I dont want to eat but am hungry so this morning I made my cereal edible
Day 15 Outside the window
the sun cheered me some
Day 16 bottle
brought it on special about to use it to take my meds for my tooth ache
Day 17 - Inspirational
He gives me strength, determination and hope
He comforts me and eases my fears
This week has been a hard one
I saw one of my dear friends off at the airport on Friday night - she conquered her fear of flying (after 35 years) - shes gone to Norway her home land for a holiday
Then God put me to the test it was time to face up to a fear I have had for almost as long
in the past 24 hours I have listened to a LOT of worship music and sermins on my ipod
I wasnt as brave as her but I did have the courage to go to the dentist and have a bad tooth yanked (its been playing up for months)
I also have this verse on a very old wall plague on my kitchen wall
my photo was taken today - before my appointment here in Napier New Zealand
Day 18 numbers
what i had for brunch today


















What a lovely photo series! Have fun with your part-time job!
ReplyDeletethanks Alice :)
Delete