This morning Daniel decided to make a ramp complete with paper pit like a sponge pit only made with paper
Then this afternoon after a Sunday school meeting we went to
Otatara Pa. When we were at the Ahuriri Estuary the other day there was a signpost about how the Maori use to gather kai moana (sea food) from it. Then Daniel saw some places in the bushes where he thought they may have lived. I told him that we could go and see where the Maori really did use to live.
 |
| a kumara pit |
 |
| the long narrow area mentioned 2 photos back I think |
 |
| Daniel thinks hes a kumara in a kurama pit |
 |
Daniel took this photo
I had a slip
we had reached the bottom and the ground got very wet and boggy and down I went LOL |
 |
| as we were leaving I told Daniel about how the maori used flax to make things like string |
more info about this place
No comments:
Post a Comment