Today we had a quiet day. We did go into town at one point, Daniel and I, for a walk. Hes a good motivator. He likes to chose the way we go and when we got back to the car after only 20 minutes he was quite happy to walk for another 10 minutes :)
Sunday
church this morning. Then a kea meeting in the afternoon, to discuss with the other kea leaders from Napier and Hastings about an upcoming trek the keas will be doing.
Monday Had a walk after I dropped Daniel at school and went to The Warehouse and the library and back up to the school where I left the car via a clothing shop where I picked up 2 new pair of pants in a sale :)
Was only going to have a 1/2 hour walk ended up walking for almost an hour :) Then went to Mitre 10. I have set myself a challenge this week (actually it might take a lot longer) to get rid of the weeds around my garden. They are knee high to a grasshopper. I was thinking of getting someone in to do it, then decided it would save me money if I did it myself. So brought a weeding machine and got started I only aim to do an hour an a day. Then when I have completed one part am going to use Round Up in the area in the hopes that I wont have to do it again for a long time. Im not really a gardener, yet I always seem to rent houses with too big a garden for me to manage.
Wednesday
Attended the weekly womens bible study again at church. Its had a break with the school holidays and we have started studying a new book - Idols of the Heart by Elyse Fitzpatrick.
Daniels cub scout group have separated from my kea group. So he went along to cubs tonight :) We are hoping that the keas will enjoy the meetings now without the older more boisterous cubs around :) I stayed a while as the needed an extra leader to help cope on the first night back - leader issues not them cubs this time LOL. The cubs themselves arent that bad really expect they are generally older and play harder :)
Thursday
The high light of today was keas. I baked purple cupcakes with them :) Purple because thats the kea colour :) The keas as an organisation are 34 years old this year :) It was suggested that we make cupcakes from the organisation and ice them however I knew we wouldnt have enough time so I decided to make purple ones instead. They were actually brown on the outside and purple inside :) Billy came and helped which was nice and he really enjoyed himself :)
I also took 5 keas though a ceremony making them official keas :)
| My Kea Pack with a couple of parents and my new leader (the man :)) and the ex kea leader who came to help me of which I was VERY grateful as I am still learning - she is now a cub leader :) |
![]() |
Today I worked at the Retreat house cleaning. There had been 7 people in there and they had left quite a mess. I was so pleased that the lady whose job I am taking on (shes moving on to other things) came and helped. It would have been VERY off putting on my own. A very productive time there though - I made up heaps of beds, cleaned 2 bathrooms and vacuum cleaned the whole house.
I was SO tired and sore (my back, which worries me a bit - seems ok now) that I was in bed by 7 pm hense why this post is going out this morning not yesterday



Gosh Jen what a great find with those clothes! I'd wear those too!
ReplyDelete